vrijdag 2 januari 2009

GUITAR HEROES #3: Bob Mould


I remember the first time I heard from the band Husker Du, it was when I bought a Satanic Surfers cd were the Guitarplayer wore a shirt from that band, years later I heard from Husker Du again when Therapy? released their amazing Husker Du cover: "Diane".

Several years ago that name came again to mind and I started checking out Husker Du's discography and I must say that I am a larger fan of their more melodic stuff (Zen Arcade, Metal Circus, Eight Miles High and my favourite New Day Rising)than their previous hardcore stuff.

This thing that makes Husker Du such an amazing band is the way Bob Mould's guitar sounds, it sounds so hard and vague, you can directly hear that it's a Husker Du song.

Bob Mould later on started this band called Sugar, I never really checked that one out (I should I guess), that's work for later on...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten