dinsdag 6 januari 2009

2 releases by some of my favourite artists have leaked!

The new Morrissey album leaked a little while ago, needless to say how siked I am for this release. The 2 new tracks on his greatest hits album last year were pretty cool so I was siked to here some new material. First the coverart leaked and I was pretty stoked about that one, Fred Perry clothes are cool, but that tattoo...I don't know...

I listened to it for 2 times since yesterday but I can't say that this is gonna be my favourite Morrissey album, I dissapointed me a little, the first track of the album is pretty ugly...maybe I should give it some more time...

The other album that leaked was the new Antony and the Johnsons album, Antony is (together with Tindersticks) one of the few artist that can make me cry just by listening to it, his last record "I am a Bird Now" was one of the most honest and moving records for the last 5 years I guess, listening to the opening track: "Hope there's someone" is simply brilliant and should be on the funeral list for every person.

But fuck now about the new record, it's more dramatic and less soulful that the last record, I have to listen to it a little more, but first impressions are very positive. I listened to it this morning for 2 times and it goes on high rotation this week for sure!

1 opmerking: