zaterdag 20 december 2008

A Skin Too Few

I remember I got introduced to Nick Drake's music at my first college year in Utrecht by one of my teachers and was directly moved by Nick's story, lyrics and guitarplaying.
I started listening every now and then to Nick's 3 albums and got really moved by his music.
Last summer I went to this recordshop in Venlo and saw this boxset featuring Nick's 3 Lp's and a documentary about his life. Obviously I bought the boxset and went home to listen more and more to the 3 records that were included in the boxset. Since 3 weeks ago when I had a girl to visit who wanted to shut down the tv and listen to Nick Drake records I rediscovered Nick Drake, and again I started to listen to it almost every day.
Yesterday I went to my parents and remembered the documentary that came with the boxset and noticed that I never really watched it, so I stepped into the train, got my computer out and watched the documentary, and again I got moved by Nick's story, it was a little short but very moving documentary with some really beautiful landscape views that really fits Nick's music. Well I know that documentary is only included in the vinyl boxset so if you want to see it I posted some Youtube links towards it.

Watch it and get moved by the story of one of my favourite singer-songwriters of all time:









1 opmerking: