woensdag 24 december 2008

GUITAR HEROES #1: J. Mascis


I wanted to start an article about 5 of my favourite guitarplayers in no particular order, and why I love them so much...

The first one is about J. Mascis famous for his work with Dinosaur JR.
Dinosaur Jr. was always one of those bands I knew by name but never really checked out, till a couple of years ago when the album: "Beyond" was released and I totally got into this band.
Not long after that I saw them live and got blown away by J. Mascis' guitarplaying, so hard and chaotic! Earplugs were necesarry during their set, for sure!

Normally I am no fan of big solo's but when J. Mascis starts playing a solo, I wished it would last for hours! I can go on about how awesome and authentic is guitarplaying is but you should check out for yourself:

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten