zaterdag 27 december 2008

GUITAR HEROES #2: Johnny Marr


My favourite guitarplayer from by far my favourite band ever.
I remember I heard the Smiths for the first time on a tv show called: "Dawsons Creek" and totally fell in love with Marr's guitarplaying in combination with Morrissey's lyrics and singing.

I guess Johnny Marr is often underrated when is spoken about the Smiths, ok Morrissey' s lyrics are from a level that no other artist has ever reached, but they are surely becoming stronger due Marr's insane melodic guitarpicking, a sort of guitarplaying most guitarplayers can't play very well.

Aside from Marr's insane melodic guitarplaying is the fact that he is one of the coolest looking guitarplayers ever! I hate leather and I hate smoking but when mister Marr does it it looks amazingly cool!

A sad thing about Johnny Marr is that he never really had a band were he could show his skills since the Smiths, he should be guitarpicking again!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten